|HOME ABOUT MEMBERSHIP CONTACT SUPPORT THE LIBRARY UPCOMING|
In it's simplest form, The Gowanus Studio Space is a workshop for designers, artists and entrepreneurs.We are a community of artisans working to improve the relationship between the art and design fields, while making significant creative inroads for individuals and the surrounding community.
At The Studio, you'll find :
The Studio provides opportunities for gallery exhibitions and financial support, which you can read about in our membership section.
The Gowanus Studio seeks to encourage cooperation among industrial and graphic designers, as well as artists, architects and entrepreneurs.
NYFAThe Gowanus Studio Space is proud to be part of New York Foundation for the Arts' Emerging Organization Fiscal Sponsorship Program.
NYFA provides strategic planning and fundraising counseling to promising new non-profit organizations in the state of New York and beyond.
>> See more images of the studio on Flickr.
FacilitiesThe GSS gives members access to a full woodworking and printmaking workshops, along with the use of several computers and of course our 2000sqft open workspace.
- 32" x 40" Vacuum Exposure unit for Silkscreening
- 26" Conrad Etching Press
- 32" electric Martech Lithography Press
- NuArc Platemaker
- Powersprayer for Screen Washout.
- 24" x 36" Aquatint Booth
- Vacuum Silkscreen printing table.
- 40" x 72" Drying rack
- Glass Tables for mixing ink, lightbox, ferric etching acid, darkroom for exposing screens, silkscreen emulsion, etc...
- 1972 Rockwell 3hp Unisaw
- Delta 14" Bandsaw
- Delta 12" Thickeness Planer
- Geetech 6" Jointer
- Makita 12" Chopsaw
- 12" 1hp floorstanding disk sander
- 36" Wood Lathe
- Delta Drill Press
- Porter-Cable Router Table
- Various handheld powertools: Cordless Drills, palm sanders, etc...